Friday, October 17, 2014

Crafting My Research Thesis {9}

The misconceptions regarding homeschooled children have been the topic of heated debates among critics and supporters alike. Although Homeschooling is considered to be an “old-fashioned” alternative route in obtaining an education, it has increasingly become more popular and more “mainstream” over the past couple of decades throughout the United States. Many parents have opted out of the public and private sectors because they have discovered the many academic and social benefits that homeschooling has to offer. Through my personal experience as a homeschooled child, I struggled to combat the many stereotypes in which I was placed when I revealed my homeschooled background. Countless stereotypes would be dispelled if the public was more informed on what homeschooling actually is before stereotyping an entire community.

No comments:

Post a Comment